SNOW EMERGENCY DECLARATION ~ From 8:00 PM, Sunday, March 2, 2014 until 11:00 PM, Monday, March 3, 2104. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN CLU-DE-SACS.
March 11, 2014 ~ Please click here for information on an upcoming income tax preparation service event sponsored by Rep. MarcyToepel.
Property Owners are required to clear sidewalks of snow & ice. Please use non-damaging chemicals to melt the ice
.M. Section 302 is hereby amended to include the following additional subsection known as 302.3.1:
302.3.1. Where sidewalks exist, those responsible (resident/owner/tenant) for the sidewalks shall have at least a two-foot-wide path cleared of snow and ice within 24 hours after the cessation of the snowfall.
EXCEPTION: When more than 12 inches of snow has fallen, those responsible for the sidewalk shall have at least a two-foot-wide path cleared of snow and ice within 48 hours after the cessation of the snowfall.
SNOW EMERGENCY DECLARATION ~ From 8:00 PM, Wednesday, February 12, 2014 until 5:00 PM, Friday, February 14, 2104. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN CLU-DE-SACS.
February 10, 2014 ~ Storm Damage Reporting: Please click here to find out what steps resdients can take to report storm damage to your property.
January 13, 2014 ~ Emergency Ambulance Service
Last year, the Board of Commissioners was asked to investigate emergency ambulance response times within Upper Pottsgrove Township. A committee tasked to do so, has concluded that Gilbertsville Ambulance can respond more quickly to certain areas of the Township than Goodwill Ambulance can. The Board of Commissioners will be considering the committee's recommendation to divide the Township between these two emergency providers at their upcoming meeting on January 23rd.
Help Us Help You! ~ High Visibility Address Signs available from the Upper Pottsgrove Twp. Fire Company. Every year, hundreds of emergency responses are delayed due to hard-to-see address markings that make it difficult for Police, Fire, and EMS crews to respond to residences within the township.
If we can't find you, we can't help you! It just might help save you or a loved one's life!
Please click here to place an order.
March 18, 2013 ~ The Board of Commissioners approved a new sewer tapping fee of $3,954.00. The connection fee remains at $1,200.00.
March 11, 2013 ~
Met Ed has brought to our attention that there are individuals in the Monroe/Pike & North Hampton County areas reportedly going door to door identifying themselves as Met-Ed and asking to see the customers electric bill. In one particular case the customers were elderly and the perpetrators claimed they were checking to see if they were receiving all the discounts seniors are entitled to. Med Ed cannot say if they requested entry for sure or what their scheme is. It may or may not be limited to the Monroe/Pike North Hampton County Area.
- Met-Ed does not go door to door
- Met-Ed does not ask to go into a house (unless their is an inside meter)
- Met-Ed employees and contractors wear a photo ID badge - ask to see it
- Met-Ed vehicles are clearly marked
- If you are suspicious call us at 1-800-545-7741 to find out if we are working in the area
- Or, call 911 to report suspicious activity
Upper Pottsgrove has been included in many of these incidents.
1. Most recently the delivery truck thefts are picking up ; FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, etc. trucks are either being followed and the items being delivered stolen from the front door step or there may be internal problems with the companies. The important issue is to observe anyone who may be tracking those delivery trucks in UPT.
2. The usual scam artists are also busy in the neighborhoods with "excess blacktop", "meats" and other products they claim are left overs and offer these items at very low prices to unsuspecting residents until the jobs are complete. That is when the resident gets hit with other charges or more product than originally estimated. Most of you are familiar with the pavers and their tactics.
3. The chimney sweeps are most recently in town and an incident reported on Farmington is being reported today. Allegedly one chimney sweep goes up on the roof and the other inside. The insider burglarizes the home while the homeowner is being detained outside by the one on the roof.
4. We have had two incidents with meat trucks; both on Stone Hill where they can hit a number of homes in a short time frame. If these people are encountered, make sure to get as much identification as possible. Also, they are required to have a solicitors permit for any sale or service solicited in the township prior to door-to-door canvassing. Pavers and contractors are usually required to have building permits as well so anyone encountered doing work immediately after being hired by a resident is possibly in violation of the township ordinance as well as soliciting without a permit. Every person who solicits must have an individual permit.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Upper Pottsgrove Police Department at their non-emergency number: 610-326-8446.